Tuesday, January 26, 2010

My BIG three year old girl

Dearest Victoria Pearl,

Your daddy's most common utterance right now is, "Gosh, she looks so big."  Reluctantly (does a mom ever accept that her child is growing up so quickly?), I agree with him as I let out the hem in your pants that were too long just a couple of months ago.    I watch your hems shorten and your ponytail get longer, which are undeniable signs that you are getting older.  I celebrate your continued growth and love watching your personality develop, but I can't help but mourn the passing of the precious baby years.

Speaking of babies, I wanted to share something with you...something that I often don't even remember now that you are here - and that is just how much you were wanted and loved.  You see, I had wanted a baby for a long while.  It took three years of many ups and downs before you finally came along.  During those years of trying, I wanted "a baby", but I know now that it was you that I wanted.  You, my dear, are my dream come true.   I'll never have those baby years back, but I have you as we journey through toddlerhood and beyond, and there is no place I would rather be.

Happy Birthday, Dream Girl!

Love,
Mommy

3 comments:

The Kading Family said...

Welcome to 3!!!

Love,
Max

Tripp said...

Happy Birthday to our dear, sweet Victoria Pearl!

Love,
Tripp and Tate

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday from Aunt Celia and Uncle Larry, Granny and Granddaddy!
We love you.
It looks like you had a wonderful party!