Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Two Years and Four Months!



Dearest Victoria Pearl,

This month has been tough. Your daddy has been ill, which meant lots of doctors' appointments and even a hospital stay, which meant time away from you. 99% of the time, I am the one who is there when you wake up in the morning or after a nap. Lately, though, you have had your share of other, although familiar, faces there. I have felt very torn, knowing your daddy needs me but also filled with concerns that you need me. Luckily, you have handled the changes to your routine with great stride and have shown genuine compassion for your daddy. When you walk by him, you pat him on the back lovingly. You understand he can't pick you up, so you hug his legs or snuggle next to him in bed to get your affection. You are the best medicine he could possible have and his greatest motivator to get healthy. My sweet daughter, may your heart always be filled with compassion for others. It's one of the best qualities to have!
I love you more with each passing month...day...moment,
Mommy

No comments: