Tuesday, September 23, 2008

Doctor's Appointment

Yesterday I woke up from my nap with a fever. I had no symptoms of illness, and the fever went away on its own in a couple of hours. That seems like no big deal, but to a first-time mom who's always a bit paranoid of germs, falls, bad food, choking hazards, etc...it seemed like something that needed to be checked out by a doctor. Even though I seem to get at least one shot every time I go to the doctor's office, I still love it there. They have really great toys in the waiting room, and usually at least one baby I can try desperately to touch while Mommy tries to restrain me. She understands that the other mommies are also paranoid. All I understand is that there is a baby, and I want to see/touch/kiss/hold/feed him or her. Today during the visit, the doctor walked in, and I did my happy dance. I proceeded to hug her and kiss her while she examined me. She could find nothing wrong with me and even said I was the "wellest sick child" she's even seen. Before we left, I went from person-to-person blowing kisses and waving bye-bye. I am sure Mommy seemed a little nutty, but as she says, you can't ever be too careful with something so precious (that's me!).

By the way, I am up to 24 1/2 pounds and still really tall. The doctor kept saying, "She's so tall!"

No comments: