Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Swim Lessons




I have been taking swimming lessons now for about a year. I have to admit I am a bit bored with them. Swimming underwater for ten seconds is the goal, which I did several months back. We go through stations that help with water acclimation and the necessary skills like good kicking and pulling our arms. I have started to watch the older kids instead of focusing on my task. The teacher has taken to bribing me with the swim doll. I get to swim to her and then hold her while I do my stations. There are some activities I like at the end of class. Each baby gets to spin around on the floaty, while everyone sings the bye-bye song, and most importantly, we get to go down the slide. I go straight into the water and Mommy lets me bob to the surface like a cork before she gets me. The new mommies gasp at this! Mommy tells me that I can move up to the next class when I am two. While she usually is in no hurry to rush my aging, this is one area of exception. When I move up to the next swim class, she will be able to stay on the sidelines (and dry). When she talks about that, there is definite excitement in her voice!

No comments: