Thursday, September 4, 2008

First Day of School



Today was my first day of school, and it was fantastic! When it was time to go, I put on my backpack (which was empty because I don't really have school supplies yet other than diapers) and headed to the car. I was too excited about being there to be sad that Mommy and Daddy were leaving me, so I just kissed them bye and sent them on their way. They actually didn't go far - just to the observation room next door, where they watched me the whole time.

Two other students, Zoe and Benjamin, were also there. I was definitely the loudest and most active one. I greeted them with a double-handed wave hello and a little dance. We played inside with the water activity center, the kitchen and the slide before we went outside to explore the playground. As soon as I saw it, I noticed a problem...SAND! Anyone who knows me knows I don't like to have sand (or gravel, or leaves, or dirt, or rocks, or...) on my hands or body. Given that, I stayed mostly on the paths. I did somehow get sand on my hand at one point and promptly went to Amy, my teacher, and had her dust off the grit.

At the end of the hour (yes, only one hour today...I think more to help the parents acclimate than us!), I was happy to see Mommy and Daddy and ran into their arms. Starting next week, I'll go to school on Tuesdays and Thursdays from 9-12. Mommy, I really like it there, so I don't want to see any more tears from you!

No comments: