Friday, September 19, 2008

Looks Can Be Deceiving



I may look like my daddy, but I act like my mommy. One way this is true is our sleeping habits. We are both very much like the princess from the Princess and the Pea (which is Daddy's favorite book to read to me because it talks about being kind to everyone) when it comes to having our sleep environment "just right". For Mommy this means having her sleep mask, really soft sheets, the temperature just right and a substantial, yet cool, blanket (just a sheet won't work, which confuses Daddy). For me it means being zipped up in my sleep sack, being in my own bed, with a minimum of eight binkies spread about, Maggie, my pink and white dog, my satin pillow, and Flower, my sock puppet. Neither of us sleeps well or easily in other conditions.


Imagine the shock Mommy and Daddy felt when they discovered me sleeping on the sofa, mid-evening last week. It had been my first full day of school (a whole 2 1/2 hours) and apparently it was exhausting.




No comments: